Monday, May 12, 2014

MY KITCHEN : HOW I DID IT

This was a fun homework assignment from Tommy Kane (legendary artist and Creative Art Director in NYC).  Our kitchen done in Uniball vision pen, watercolor and Pitt brush pen in Moleskine watercolor album over two page spread 8 1/4" x 22 1/2".
It started out like this.  From where I was sitting looking at the kitchen I knew I was going to get wonky right away and tilt the refrigerator door.  I like to bend objects or make then wavy because to me it makes them feel alive. Then on to the calendar and various things we stick onto the refrigerator and put in some cabinets. Then I drew a line to indicate where the cabinets would go and decided to draw in the stove. Then back to the right side and start filling in the details.  Over to the left side I ran into a problem of angles.  It wasn't working out at all.  I sat and looked at it for over an hour.  Pretty soon it started looking back at me so I just drew it as best I could and moved on.  Whoa!  I forgot about the dishwasher.  Oh well, guess I'll live without it and do the dishes by hand. Now onto to the last section and we are ready to add color.  I spent a LOT of time just looking at the kitchen and observing how the light traveled over all the objects. I really was thinking about that rather then thinking of the objects name.









No comments:

Post a Comment