Tuesday, May 13, 2014

MY KITCHEN : HOW I DID IT PART 2

Time to add color. I start in the right corner adding darks, then medium and leaving white paper for highlights. The grain patterns in the wood are made with pen and then several coats of watercolor (chrome orange, cadmium red, cadmium yellow, yellow ochre, burnt sienna and venetian red)..Grey, phalo green and sometimes purple for cast shadows.  There are still some weak passages like the left corner where the kitchen counter tops meet, the freezer handle on the refrigerator and the diffusion of light onto the stove (and any other places you or I see) but I plan to touch it up here and there with color pencils and stop before I overwork it. Some things I learned were the importance of going slowly and really looking at the way the light hits the objects, work with mistakes and make them into something.  Don't quit or get discouraged, just have fun.  It's only lines on paper! Let me know in the comments what you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment