Wednesday, November 7, 2018

DREAM JOURNAL - NO FREE LUNCH

11" x 14"
#2 Dixon pencil, Winsor-Newton #3 Series 7 brush and Pelikan fount India ink in ProArt sketchbook

My Dad passed away peacefully in his sleep in 1997. In this dream he and I were in the men's clothing section of a large department store and I was trying to buy him a black and white checkered sport coat. A splurge just because I thought that the sport coat looked sharp. It was something he would never buy for himself. We went back and forth talking about the merits of this coat and I finally convinced him to at least just try it on.

He did and after checking himself out in the mirror, he suddenly turned to me and said "Don't forget you have overdue books from the library. There is no free lunch".

No comments:

Post a Comment