Tuesday, July 19, 2016

SAINT PETER IN A DREAM

 24" x 18" Acrylic on paper
I keep a dream journal and the other morning I woke up from a vivid dream of this guy who called himself Simon Peter. He spoke plainly in this dream and told me he and a bunch of other lazy bums were just laying around when they met God. "They call me a saint but I'm just a screw up, hell I even pulled a sword on someone." He caught me staring intently at his face in order to remember the details to paint him and he suddenly said "Look, a saint isn't some goody two shoes, a saint is someone who messes up but keeps on trying." Then I woke up.
Vincent van Gogh painted his dreams. If it's good enough for Vinnie, it's good enough for me. They called him crazy but they spend millions on his paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment